[Nitro] FW: Stroustrup speaks -- words to consider

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Thu Nov 30 09:19:09 EST 2006

Hi,

> Sorry, couldn't resist. :)
> [1] http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20061126.html

Haha, yes, I thought of that too.  Although I have no idea what six sigma
actually is.... must've been before my time.  :P

Other than that, the interview with Stroustrup is quite interesting.  The
most interesting thing as I find is  "We perform many minor miracles
through  trial and error, excessive use of brute force, and lots and lots
of testing, but--so often--it's not enough."

He's quite right there I think, and I'm one of those people. ;)

I quite had this with the param stuff.  I just don't have the energy to
write a formal description for every single case how nitro can get called
 from outside.  Replace 'energy' by time here and you'll get to what
Stroustrup said.

Happy hacking,

Jo

--