[Nitro] FW: Stroustrup speaks -- words to consider

* William william.full.moon at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 06:57:55 EST 2006

Hi ho

... I thought I'd point people to this blog and the original Technology
Review article:

        'The Problem with Programming'
            HYPERLINK
"http://www.technologyreview.com/InfoTech/17831/page1/"http://www.technology
review.com/InfoTech/17831/page1/
        " Other other hand, looking at "average" pieces of code can make me
cry. The structure
        is appalling, and the programmers clearly didn't think deeply about
correctness, algorithms,
        data structures, or maintainability. Most people don't actually read
code; they just see
         Internet Explorer or Windows "freeze," have their cell phone drop a
call, read the latest
         newspaper story about viruses, and they shudder." -- BS

The blog discussion is very interesting.  To me anyway.

        HYPERLINK
"http://www.artima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=269&thread=186478"http://www.ar
tima.com/forums/flat.jsp?forum=269&thread=186478

I was reading one of those things about six sigma ... in lay terms six sigma
looks for 99.99% correctness.

Enjoy,
          Will.

   MBA, B.Math, STI, NLP MP
_My_Bright_Ideas____________________________________________________abn:7742
5560110_
  "You must BE the change you want." ~ HYPERLINK
"http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/m/mohandas_gandhi.html"Gandhi
Success Coaching
  HYPERLINK
"http://adroit-process.blogspot.com/"http://adroit-process.blogspot.com/
ph/sms: 041-476-1217
  (©2006) Information proprietary and confidential intended for direct
recipient(s) and mutually agreed correspondents.

15:22

15:22