[Nitro] Help with form_to_

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Fri Nov 24 14:00:54 EST 2006

> Wrong parameter count for update().

ah ah....  this might be connected to param injecting somehow...

please add those line to your run.rb before Nitro.start :

Nitro::Compiler.mixin_get_parameters = false

In short, this method prevents nitro from mixing in the get
parameters into the argument list of the function.
This could make my version of the method work.

George:  can you verify that the params are working correctly
with the setting to true?  I think I've seen this error message
the second time now...

>   def update( oid, name, description, age )
> In file 'C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-'

Not sure, like you said, too generic error.  Og is a bit fast at swallowing
errors.  Set `$DBG = true` in your run.rb to get Og to fail on bad
sql and other errors, this should show you what went wrong.

> Now I wonder if I'm calling the correct method to save a new user. I
> grep the Nitro directory for find_or_create_by_name and find that only
> the Tag class uses this method. Looks like I should instead, be using
> User.find_or_create_by_name_and_age.

This method is 'cought' in `method_missing` and redirected to the method
In the way I designed you the .update method the age and the rest gets
set by request.fill(obj).  It just uses the name to create a new one
(and the name thus should be set unique in the model).

Feel the love