[Nitro] Help with form_to_

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Wed Nov 22 16:06:11 EST 2006

Hi,

>   #{form(:object => User, :action => :find_by_name) do |f|
>         f.attributes
>         f.submit 'Save'
>     end}
>
> Now the page is displayed in the browser, but the following error is displayed:

>   No action for path '/find_by_name' on 'Hello'

I assume the form appeared as expected on the first page?

The translation you did from form_for() to form() is slightly incorrect.

#{form_for User.find_by_name( @name )}
#{form(:object => User.find_by_name(@name), :action => :update) do |f|
  f.attributes
	f.submit 'Save'
end}

The :action is the method which will be called when you press the submit
button.  You then need to handle the request:

def update
  user = User.find_or_create_by_name(request['name'])
	request.fill(user)
	user.save
	redirect_to R(:list)
end

Or at least something along these lines.  I haven't actually tested
this but it should work just like this.

Hope this helps,

Jonathan