[Nitro] Help with form_to_

Ed Chang localuser at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 13:28:41 EST 2006

On the nitroproject wiki, there's a six step tutorial that was written
with Nitro version 0.3x in mind. However with the update Nitro to
version 0.40, the example in step 6
(http://www.nitroproject.org/wiki/pages/Documentation__Programming_Nitro__Nitro_in_Action_one__step_6)
is no longer accurate, and results in an error.

Specifically, this line in step 6 of the tutorial fails:

  #{form_for User.find_by_name( @name )}

After a bit of googling, I found some help at Oxyliquit
(http://oxyliquit.de/question/84) and tried to re-write the line for
step 6 to look like the following:

  #{form(:object => User, :action => :find_by_name) do |f|
        f.attributes
        f.submit 'Save'
    end}

Now the page is displayed in the browser, but the following error is displayed:

  No action for path '/find_by_name' on 'Hello'

Anyone willing to guide a Ruby/Nitro newbie so I can at least complete
step 6 of the tutorial?

Thanks,

Ed