[Nitro] spark success

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Wed Nov 22 08:20:23 EST 2006

glad you got it working!

> my bad on the og exception in running spark -- I'd configed the adapter
> in app.rb to be sqlite3, not sqlite.
> The following command will start spark in repo.nitroproject.org/spark:
> ruby -I../nitro/lib -I../glue/lib -I../og/lib -I../gen/lib -I
> /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/facets-1.4.5/lib -I../nitro/src
> -rubygems app.rb

I think you need only need those include statements, if you installed
a facets > 1.4.5.

I `require_gem 'facets', '= 1.4.5'` in all of my projects before doing
anything else, just as a security guard (I don't have any bigger facets
version installed, but just in case...)

> Just out of curiosity, how should I use glycerin.rb?   Seems it would
> obviate the need for the -I switches in  the above ruby invocation.

The glycerin is when you don't require Nitro or Og via rubygems.

The top of my run.rb's look like:

   require '/path/to/nitro/glycerin'
   require 'rubygems'
   # a specific facets version
   require_gem 'facets', '= 1.4.5'
   require 'facets'
   require 'nitro'
   require 'og'

I never use gem versions because I like messing with the nitro
installation all the time. ;)

The glycerin.rb only sets up the paths for nitro, it does nothing about
facets btw.

Hope that helps,

Feel the love