[Nitro] Next version roadmap

Dan North dan at tastapod.com
Mon Nov 20 09:57:39 EST 2006

There's docs and there's docs.

To make nitro compelling (especially in the face of the "Rails is
everything" pushback I'm getting from people I speak to) the following
would be really helpful for me:

- a 2-minute tutorial (the "elevator pitch" for nitro, especially
compared to rails)

- a 30-minute tutorial implementing a "basic" app, so:
    - authentication (logging in), users & groups
    - flow, e.g. multi-stage wizard with session state stored on the server
    - persisting an object model, with common scenarios (e.g. the n+1
problem)
    - caching  101 (session level, user level, application level) for
read-mostly apps
    - using css with nitro to style standard page elements - tables,
lists etc

- an ajax tutorial for muppets like me
    - asynch update of a page fragment
    - a "please wait" thing while something slow happens on the server
    - one of those cool fadey things that wordpress does when you update
a setting
    - basically some eye candy!
    - an overview of the "preferred" JS library/libraries for doing
funky web 2.0 apps

Thanks for listening,
Dan

ps. Full disclosure: I want to write a couple of web apps and I /know/ I
want to use nitro and og, so this level of intro documentation would be
exactly what I need to avoid trawling google and the source code!

pps. To be honest, I haven't looked at the nitrohq site for a while, so
please correct me if much of this is already in place.