[Nitro] Next version roadmap
dan at tastapod.com
Mon Nov 20 09:57:39 EST 2006
There's docs and there's docs.
To make nitro compelling (especially in the face of the "Rails is
everything" pushback I'm getting from people I speak to) the following
would be really helpful for me:
- a 2-minute tutorial (the "elevator pitch" for nitro, especially
compared to rails)
- a 30-minute tutorial implementing a "basic" app, so:
- authentication (logging in), users & groups
- flow, e.g. multi-stage wizard with session state stored on the server
- persisting an object model, with common scenarios (e.g. the n+1
- caching 101 (session level, user level, application level) for
- using css with nitro to style standard page elements - tables,
- an ajax tutorial for muppets like me
- asynch update of a page fragment
- a "please wait" thing while something slow happens on the server
- one of those cool fadey things that wordpress does when you update
- basically some eye candy!
- an overview of the "preferred" JS library/libraries for doing
funky web 2.0 apps
Thanks for listening,
ps. Full disclosure: I want to write a couple of web apps and I /know/ I
want to use nitro and og, so this level of intro documentation would be
exactly what I need to avoid trawling google and the source code!
pps. To be honest, I haven't looked at the nitrohq site for a while, so
please correct me if much of this is already in place.
Lionel Orry wrote:
> Reid Thompson a écrit :
>> On Tue, 2006-11-14 at 08:02 -0700, James Britt wrote:
> +++Docs+++ !!!
>> Nitro-general mailing list
>> Nitro-general at rubyforge.org
> Nitro-general mailing list
> Nitro-general at rubyforge.org
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Nitro-general