[Nitro] nitro 0.40.0 changes?

Matt Rose mattrose at folkwolf.net
Thu Nov 16 20:20:06 EST 2006

Sorry to be a bother about this guys, but now I'm getting an error
message.  I kind of suspected this would happen, because of the params.

How did we decide parameters would be called now in the action now?

I have a setup page that takes form input, and passes it as GET
params back to the same page.  When I pass it no params, it works
great, but when I try and pass it params via a GET request, I get this:

Wrong parameter count for setup().

the setup function in the controller looks like this:

def setup
     p request.params
     blogs = Blog.all
     p @blogs
     #should only be able to go here when there's nothing setup
     if request.params.empty? && Master.all.empty?
       @render_master_form = true
     if request.params.values.length == 4 && Master.all.empty?
     p Master.find_one
     @master = Master.find_one
     if request.params.length == 2

The request.params hash even shows up in the webrick output when I
issue the GET request, but I still get that error.

Again.  This code *used* to work fine.  I looked through the
migration document, and even took an admittedly cursory look through
the source code, and mailing list archives to figure out how to fix

Sigh.  I know everybody's trying their damnedest, and I know that
Nitro is kind of a moving target right now, but, damn.

Off to pore through Nitro code.  I'll learn all this shit somehow.

Boy I'm whiny this week :)