[Nitro] nitro 0.40.0 changes?

Jonathan Buch john at oxyliquit.de
Thu Nov 16 03:59:47 EST 2006

> Where is this documented?

apparently we're suffering of the syndom called "Betriebsblindheit" in
germany.  This means that we use the new system for a very long time now
and already forgot about how we actually do things and how we did them

> > Am I right in thinking that if you want Og to persist an attribute you
> > _must_ give the class annotation? I think that's part of the change
> > from prop to attr.

I now highlighted this in: http://oxyliquit.de/tip/32
Trans was very much right, the type now always has to be specified or it
won't be able to distinguish between the normal attr_accessor and the
modified one from Og.

For the log error, you have to create a folder called 'log' in your
application folder when you use the live mode.

Any error messages saying that .ogmanager or .all or .find can't be
found always say, that Og didn't enchant the model yet or the database
connection has been dropped somehow.  Also watch out for Og silently
swallowing errors when you are in live mode.

To the topic of enchanting a model, you have a few options there, refer
to http://oxyliquit.de/tip/33 for details.