[Nitro] [ANN] Nitro + Og 0.40.0

Fabian Buch fabian at fabian-buch.de
Mon Nov 13 17:08:05 EST 2006

Am 13.11.2006 um 19:57 schrieb James Britt:
> Question:  How much has the overall API changed?  Hal Fulton's new
> release of The Ruby Way, 2nd ed. has a section on Nitro (written by
> me,
> as it happens).  It is, I think, the only book that covers Nitro or Og
> in any depth.   I hoping that this Nitro release still plays well with
> the information in that section, for people reading the book and
> getting
> their interest piqued.

Og's API could be seen as "extended", so old apps should still work
and if someone tries to build an Og app with these chapters it should
work (if the book was written for Og 0.31.0).

For Nitro though quite some API changes happend that won't let old
apps work unfortunately. These API changes are nice in itself and
it's not very hard to adapt the new things, but old Nitro apps
definitely won't work:

 From memory:

- run.rb changed quite a bit
- form helper (form_for()) is replaced (now form()) and works
differently
- scgi vanished
- some store adapters for Og vanished too (working Og adapters:
postgresql, mysql, sqlite)

There might be some more.

Fabian

--