[Nitro] removed working call/answer implementation?

Fabian Buch fabian at fabian-buch.de
Mon Nov 13 16:59:26 EST 2006

Sun Nov 12 21:20:48 CET 2006  George Moschovitis
<george.moschovitis at gmail.com>
   * Removed non-working call/answer implementation.

Why? A few seconds before release you remove working (it's not non-
working, it works) functionality from Nitro without asking on the ML
whether someone is using it. Why? It wouldn't've hurt to ask and not
either to leave it in, since it's not making other stuff of Nitro
buggy or something.

The implementation might not be perfect, but I used it for an Auth
system of mine and it worked quite nice (didn't use or test deep
stack levels though). Nitro 0.40.0 is out now and I again have to
either use my own version of Nitro or make my Auth system more

George, you're the boss, you're probably also the biggest user of
your child "Nitro". But you are not the only user and developer.
Could you at least ask in the future whether someone else needs a
certain functionality before you silently remove it seconds before a
release (ok, the night before)?

If you think some features are badly implemented they can be
reimplemented by someone if you tell the list (something like call/
answer isn't that difficult) and until that's done even a partly
buggy thing can be left in till a reimplementation in a future release.

Nitro Q&A: http://oxyliquit.de/
Blog: http://blog.fabian-buch.de