[Nitro] [ANN] Nitro + Og 0.40.0

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 13:57:18 EST 2006

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> New versions of Nitro (Web Application Framework) and Og (Object
> Relational Mapping) were released:
> Homepage: http://www.nitroproject.org
> Download: http://rubyforge.org/projects/ nitro
> This is the biggest release yet! Tons of new wonderful features, code
> refactoring, bug fixes, documentation improvements and so much more.
> Special thanks for this release fly to Jonas Pfeniger, Jonathan/Fabian
> Buch and Michael Fellinger.
> Most notable changes:
> * Fully transparent Og managed objects. No need to use the special
> property notation. Just use the standard attr_accessor macro:

Sweet.  That kicks ass.

Question:  How much has the overall API changed?  Hal Fulton's new
release of The Ruby Way, 2nd ed. has a section on Nitro (written by me,
as it happens).  It is, I think, the only book that covers Nitro or Og
in any depth.   I hoping that this Nitro release still plays well with
the information in that section, for people reading the book and getting
their interest piqued.

James Britt

"Hackers will be expelled"
  -  The Breakfast Club (1985)