[Nitro] Nitro build system

transfire at gmail.com transfire at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 15:34:07 EST 2006

George Moschovitis wrote:
> Dear devs,
>
> because I cannot understand which version of Reap/Sow/Roll/Facets
> works with each other to build nitro, I just added a collection of
> gemspecs and updated the build script:
>
> ruby script/build.rb
>
> creates the distirbution in the
>
> dist
>
> directory.
>
> I would appreciate it if you could test this (and the rest of Nitro)
> over the weekend. If no problems are found, I will release it on
> Monday.

My apologies on the delays here. I'm still working away on Ratchets.
Nearly all the functionality has been in place for some time, but I
just wasn't happy with the overall design. I spent the last fews weeks
pounding at it and have finally gotten it all looking shiny as spit. I
still have a few details but mostly I'm debugging at this point. Oh,
one of those details: I still have to write an emulation of Rakes rule
method (any hints on how best to do that are greatly appreciated!)

Anyhow as soon as I get it out I'll fix up Nitro's ProjectInfo files. I
won't make any predictions about the release date. I think I cursed
myself with that a couple of weeks ago ;) But....

T.