[Nitro] Dedicated Hosting

Dan North dan at tastapod.com
Wed Nov 8 05:25:34 EST 2006

1. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list to say "testing" instead of "stable".
2. Run apt-get dist-upgrade.
3. Then, because I'm paranoid, I reboot.

To answer your other question, I can install and build anything I like.
It's like having your own linux server with full root access. So I've
set up a bunch of accounts for people, locked it down to only allow
key-authenticated ssh, disabled /bin/su so you can only use sudo, set up
a firewall (using firehol), it's great fun! Basically I have free run of
the server. And if I make too much of a mess, I can always blast it and
start over with a fresh image.

The best part is the warm glow I get when my local cable company messes
up my broadband connection /yet again/ and I know that my server is
still available out there.

Cheers,
Dan