[Nitro] Roadmap 0.40

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 05:45:14 EST 2006

> 1. Please remove those two patches:
>
> Thu Nov  2 08:24:17 CET 2006  George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com>
>      * Don't save the target of refers_to (but we have to rethink this, check the comments).
>
>    Thu Nov  2 08:14:30 CET 2006  George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com>
>      * Optimize sql queries when setting refers_to/belongs_to relations (less saves). More to come.
>
> These are merely enhancements and let one testcase fail.  (I'm pretty much
> certain that this change has other implications which I fail to see atm and
> this area is not quite fully tested.)  It's a little late in the dev cycle to
> integrate untested optimizations I think.

nope these patches are needed. For example they fix a common bug.
Consider this code:

def save_article
  a = Article.new.assign(request)
  a.author = User.current
  a.something_else = 'initialize something else'
  a.save
end

without the patch Og saves behind the scenes the article before
'something_else' is initialized. Moreover it also saves the user. Both
queries are not needed and break this example.

Am I missing something?

regards,
George.

--