[Nitro] Some cleanup

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Nov 2 17:12:49 EST 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 22:31:05 +0200
"George Moschovitis" <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Sure, go ahaid.  (But use `darcs mv` and not just move it :P)
>
> is darcs mv needed?
>
> > So, my vote is for not removing it completely unless something similar
> > is provided.
>
> what do others think? Indeed genis useful for tutorials and stuff like this.

Just as an indirectly contributing Nitro observer, I'd say keep gen since it does make things easier on beginners, but more importantly just pick one layout and use it consistently.

Uber-wizard-DIY types could obviously still go build their own layouts and avoid gen, but it's really confusing for Nitro newbies to have six different tutorials with six different ways to organize, name, and layout files.

Just pick one that's reasonable, use gen to implicitly enforce it, and then make sure folks know they don't *have* to use this, it's just easier if you don't care.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/