[Nitro] Dedicated Hosting

Zed A. Shaw zedshaw at zedshaw.com
Thu Nov 2 17:09:03 EST 2006

On Thu, 2 Nov 2006 10:43:53 +0200
"George Moschovitis" <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:

> > Hey George, have you considered Amazon EC2 or Media Temple's Grid thing (I forget the
>
> about EC2 still waiting for invitations.. and i think it is kindof expensive.
>
> about (mt) Grid Server. I think you dont have full permissions to
> compile and install your software. From what I understand I cannot
> install Ruby, imagemagick, RMagick and stuff like that.

All good points.  One thing though, you should seriously look at some of the rails hosting companies like Rails Machine, Rails Playground and Engine Yard.  Yeah, yeah they're "rails".  But, even more importantly they're *RUBY* hosting.  You don't have to run Rails, and I'm sure if you talked with one of them they'd be interested in expanding their business to encompass other frameworks.

Especially since all of them use Mongrel, and you use Mongrel, and they could care less what runs inside Mongrel.

Food for thought.

http://www.zedshaw.com/
http://safari.oreilly.com/0321483502 -- The Mongrel Book
http://mongrel.rubyforge.org/