[Nitro] Dedicated Hosting

Kirk Haines wyhaines at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 12:19:35 EST 2006

On 11/1/06, George Moschovitis <george.moschovitis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks,
>
> hetzner.de is quite interesting indeed.
>
> > Unless the extra 100ms latency on packets is going to impose a
>
> what is this latency?

Just an artifact of the fact that the servers are in Europe, so for
traffic coming from the US, when those packets travel across the
atlantic ocean, it adds some milliseconds to the round trip time.  It
seems to be around 100ms from the tests I have done.

However, you, being in Europe, undoubtedly experience the same latency
all the time when interacting with servers in the US, so you know that
for most things it's not a significant issue.

Kirk Haines