[Nitro] Dedicated Hosting

Alexandru E. Ungur alexandru at globalterrasoft.ro
Wed Nov 1 07:19:01 EST 2006

>>> sender: "George Moschovitis" date: "Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 10:13:45AM +0200" <<<EOQ
> Dear devs,
>
> I am looking for a dedicated server provider. Can anyone recomment a
> dedicated hosting  service?
Hi,

I have experience with FastServers.net, LayeredTech.com, 800hosting.com,
Managed.com, Rackspace.com, ThePlanet.com, MaxNet.com and a few others.
I had some really bad experience with some of them... like they were
unable to setup the IPs/routing properly, nor were they able to debug
the issue fast (as in: not even in a week). Once I was given the wrong
server :) and they simply cut the access to it AND took them one whole
week to figure out why I "lost" access to the server..... :)

Oh well, I will not name the companies to avoid from those, maybe it's
just my bad experience, I'll just tell you from all of them which one
I'd recommend: FastServers by ***far***. Highly capable (and fast) tech
support, decent prices. The only tech support that was as good was the
one from Rackspace, but for much higher prices.

Good luck,
Alex