[Nitro] Lastest nitro + mongrel on WIn XP doesn't work

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 14:33:16 EDT 2006

On 6/30/06, Lars Olsson <lasso at lassoweb.se> wrote:
> The latest mongrel on Win XP doesn't seem to like Nitro very much.
> Firefox just gets a blank page and debug is giving me the following
> error on every page access:

Yeah, Mongrel made a modification to its interface. :/

Two options:

Beta gems which fix this and other bugs. See here:
http://rubyforge.org/pipermail/nitro-general/2006-June/005121.html

Or modify the file
c:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\nitro-0.30.0\lib\nitro\adapter\mongrel.rb
as follows:

==
   def handle(req, res)
     unless handle_file(req, res)
       path = req.path_info

       begin
         context = Context.new(@server)

-        context.in = StringIO.new(req.body || "")
+       context.in = StringIO.new(req.body.to_s)
==

The paths are from memory, so hopefully they're correct.

Good luck,

Bryan