[Nitro] RDog ping

Michael Fellinger manveru at weez-int.com
Wed Jun 28 20:52:34 EDT 2006

On Thursday 29 June 2006 08:41, James Britt wrote:
> Andrew Thompson wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 28, 2006 at 09:26:51AM -0700, James Britt wrote:
> >>Can you remind me what I have to do to generate the rdoc data?  I looked
> >>at the current RDog code, and seem to recall that it involved replacing
> >>the default rdoc file with rdoc-devel, but I can't get anything useful
> >>to happen.
> >
> > There should be a README in the rdoc-devel folder... It's viewable on
> > rubyforge's browse SVN at least... It's a bit out of date, but just use
> > the og generator instead of the YAML one. You'll also need to edit
> > conf/og.conf.example to og.conf so that the generator knows how to
> > initialize og.
> The files I pulled from svn do not have any og.conf or og.conf.example.
> I managed to get the rdoc database populated, and the Spark wiki
> running, but no docs appear in the sidebar.  And I cannot figure out how
> the wiki app knows where to look for the rdoc objects, since they are in
> different database.

This is what the og.conf is for - here is how the file looks:
( and yes, evil global variables... i'd rather have one global hash )
remember that the stuff is used _both_ by og_generator.rb and run.rb
you might have to check out again to get the new stuff anyway

#require "#{ENV['HOME']}/darcs/devlab/glycerin"
#$:.unshift "#{ENV['HOME']}/rdog/facets/lib"
$og_user    = 'rdog'
$og_pass    = 'pass'
$og_db      = 'rdog'
$og_adapter = :mysql