[Nitro] RDog ping

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 12:26:51 EDT 2006

Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 03:49:26PM -0700, James Britt wrote:
>>Yes, I imagine now that the hacked ruedoc code I'm using could just poke
>>stuff into a database, by-passing the saving to disk/loading into
>>Og-based object step.
> We actually do something very similar to this, I just dump the objects
> from the YAML generator into Og objects instead of saving them out as
> YAML. I still don't see the need for an intermediate step though, the
> objects from the generator don't have any special reason to be either -
> it's just eaasier to to the YAL dump (Og  needs a bit of a bridge).

Can you remind me what I have to do to generate the rdoc data?  I looked
at the current RDog code, and seem to recall that it involved replacing
the default rdoc file with rdoc-devel, but I can't get anything useful
to happen.

James Britt

"Simplicity of the language  is not what matters, but
simplicity of use."
  - Richard A. O'Keefe in squeak-dev mailing list