[Nitro] RDog ping

Andrew Thompson vagabond at cataclysm-software.net
Wed Jun 28 10:28:40 EDT 2006

On Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 03:49:26PM -0700, James Britt wrote:
> Yes, I imagine now that the hacked ruedoc code I'm using could just poke
> stuff into a database, by-passing the saving to disk/loading into
> Og-based object step.
We actually do something very similar to this, I just dump the objects
from the YAML generator into Og objects instead of saving them out as
YAML. I still don't see the need for an intermediate step though, the
objects from the generator don't have any special reason to be either -
it's just eaasier to to the YAL dump (Og  needs a bit of a bridge).

> Well, here's the thing: is it feasible to just keep the entire API in
> memory, using some data structure suited for searching and lookups?
> E.g., using Madeleine.
No idea, I'm not sure I see the advantage though. I;ve never really
bothered to read up on madeleine enough to understand the point.

BTW, more progress on the code - we now have categories again and
methods are classed as builtin/external/redefined. There's still some
issues with redefined and class method names clashing with ordinary
method names though...