[Nitro] About the different repos

Jonas Pfenniger zimba.tm at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 10:08:53 EDT 2006

On 27/06/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Personally I think have two repos like this is too problematic. There
> needs to be one main repo. People can of course pull down there own
> and work on it with the goal of applying their patches back to main.
> But what's going to happen with two main repos is that a whole lot of
> work is going to end up useless. This is also another reason why SOC
> is so important. When parts of a system are clearly separated it
> becomes easier for a community to work on those parts separately.

This is why I propose to restore the old way at next release. The main
repo would be nitroproject. Glycerin would sync on nitroproject.
Glycerin is the kind of test lab (devlab) where george can pull to get
new patches from users. Thing also go faster there.

But at every release, we need to create a backup repo for stable
patches. We can't continue living on edge..

--
Cheers,
  zimbatm

http://zimbatm.oree.ch