[Nitro] RDog Pong

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 07:30:01 EDT 2006

Ok, it's been a while since i wrote about the progress of rdog, good
vagabond kept you guys up to date :)

However, the version runs now - with about 90% of the featureset on
vagabonds server.
I'm not sure if i can post the address here, so i'll just wait for an
OK from vag - also because webrick eats quite some ressources and i'm
not sure what this server is supposed to do...

anyway, the svn is a bit messy at the moment... apologies for that,
but i just checked in the version that worked for me at that time.

some issues i have encountered:

facets needs to be patched - waiting for version 1.4.3 - using our own
version for now... the patch was posted here a while ago in the facets

we have found a bug in the schema_inheritance of all stores except for postgres.
but i cannot create a bundle to patch it as long as devlab-repo gives
me a 404 :(

apart from that, most stuff runs smooth, reduced the code of
rdog-frontend to about 1/3 of the old svn and there's still room for
one thing we currently don't do is handling of the categories and
showing where which method originates - i have to bring the frontend
up2date on that, but that might take a bit...

anyway - with a little bit more effort we have rdog finished and can
work on extending functionality even more - the approach of embedding
it in spark is not the worst - but i still believe it can be made
better, with a wiki/comments mix so that designated editors can
integrate content of comments into the wiki which joins the

ok, back to work :)