[Nitro] Facets 1.4.2

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 00:34:22 EDT 2006

On 6/27/06, Michael Fellinger <manveru at weez-int.com> wrote:
> Hey trans,
>
> One thing that really makes me wonder is that there's facets and there's
> calibre, but what exactly distinguishes one from the other - i've seen lots
> of duplication between them...
> This is not nitro-specific, so please excuse me - but me and some others are
> quite interested in that :)

Eeek, did you have to ask? ;-)

Well, Calibre was Facets/More when Facets was just Facets/Core. They
were two separate libs for a while. It took me a long time to figure
out how to make them one harmonious package. The other thing about
Calibre is that each lib was being offered as a separate download b/c
some complain about the whole lib being too "big". That seemed
reasonable at the time but on further reflection compared to C and
Java libs Facets is small LOC --thanks to the brevity of Ruby! So I'm
not so sure about that. But I haven't killed Calibre project yet just
in case, though maybe it's time to do so.

Thoughts?

T.