[Nitro] default js rendering

Dimitri Aivaliotis aglarond at gmail.com
Fri Jun 23 03:11:36 EDT 2006

Hi Bryan,

On 6/23/06, Bryan Soto <bryan.a.soto at gmail.com> wrote:

> Beginning in 0.30.0, we removed a regex that prevented Nitro from
> handling query strings with a period in it. A sample use-case would be
> oxywtf that uses tags of '0.30.0' and passes the tag string via get.

Ok.  I find this a good change.

Ultimately, what is happening is that something is generating requests
> for /js/prototype.js and friends. Because you didn't use gen to
> generate the directory, those files aren't present and so the request
> is passed on to Nitro.

That's my question, I guess. -> What's generating these requests?  Is it now
part of the default Nitro::Controller?  Is it now part of the Rendering
chain automatically?  I don't include a link to any /js file anywhere.  My
only clue here is that it only happens with .xhtml files.  When Nitro
encounters these, it goes ahead and Renders them through its chain, and now
expects these /js files to be present for some reason...

> So, I suppose the interesting question is, do you expect those files
> to be included in an html page?

No, I don't.  But Nitro now somehow does.

- Dimitri