[Nitro] default js rendering

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 19:25:52 EDT 2006

On 6/22/06, Dimitri Aivaliotis <aglarond at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I can diff the sources and see what's changed.  I was just curious if
> anybody else had noticed this behaviour, and could provide some immediate
> "aha!" feedback.

Aha!   ;)

Beginning in 0.30.0, we removed a regex that prevented Nitro from
handling query strings with a period in it. A sample use-case would be
oxywtf that uses tags of '0.30.0' and passes the tag string via get.

Ultimately, what is happening is that something is generating requests
for /js/prototype.js and friends. Because you didn't use gen to
generate the directory, those files aren't present and so the request
is passed on to Nitro.

So, I suppose the interesting question is, do you expect those files
to be included in an html page? If so, you can just gen app a fake
directory and copy the files over. If not, then we'd need to figure
out where/why they're being included and check on the assumption that
they'll be present.

Hope that helps and feel free to ask for any clarification.

Bryan