[Nitro] RDog ping

James Britt james.britt at gmail.com
Wed Jun 21 16:40:26 EDT 2006

Dimitri Aivaliotis wrote:
> Hi James,
> On 6/20/06, James Britt <james.britt at gmail.com> wrote:
>> The Rue project seems to have vanished, but I have the files if anyone
>> is interested in playing around.
> I'd be interested.  My time is limited, but I'd still like to take a look.
> Can you make these files available publically somewhere?  Maybe on
> ruby-doc.org?

However, in doing some quick testing, it seems that Rue has the same
affliction as general RDoc:  It doesn't think that attribute accessor
methods are methods.

More precisely, methods defined using the various attr_* meta-code
methods do not get yamlized by Rue.  RDoc (by default) will find these,
but does not document them as methods; they get a special section
reserved for attributes, and methods defined this way do not appear in
the list of defined methods.   I'm guessing then that the Rue code is
not seeking these out, and only process those methods rdoc considers to
be methods.

James Britt

"In Ruby, no one cares who your parents were, all they care
  about is if you know  what you are talking about."
   - Logan Capaldo