[Nitro] Component System instead of ClassMethods hack?

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 12 15:34:58 EDT 2006

"TRANS" <transfire at gmail.com> wrote in message
> Given what Matz is saying on the thread concerning ClassMethods,

Could you share a pointer to the thread please?

Do the proposals depend on 1.9.x, and if so does he suggest anything for

Naming-wise I am not up to speed with the thinking behind your post, but
thought I would add this anyway.

How about:
- <X>Class for anything that defines methods, ivars, etc. for classes
   - regardless of whether implemented as a class or module
- <X>Object for anything that defined methods, ivars, etc. for non-class
   - regardless of whether implemented as a class or module

In any DSL-ish approach, these two often go together e.g.
  - Workflow
      - WorkflowClass has activities, flows, initial_state, etc.
      - WorkflowObject has current_state

So we might name a pairing of <X>Class and <X>Object an <X>Concept. Perhaps
an <X>Concept might most naturally be implemented as a module.

module WorkflowConcept
  ... WorkflowClass ...
  ... WorkflowObject ...