[Nitro] Fwd: Troubles along the class-level heirarchy

Jonas Pfenniger zimba.tm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 5 13:25:40 EDT 2006

On 05/06/06, TRANS <transfire at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all! Matz responded. And it looks promising!
> He asks for a good example of inheritor. Anyone know of good example
> from Nitro that would be easy enough to snip and still be
> understandable for a ruby-talk post?

If you take Nitro::Scaffold, all class methods are also to be extended
except self.included(klass) naturally. You often don't want to inherit
that method. This is the perfect case where you need a ClassMethods

Otherwise, look in "nitro/lib/nitro/controller.rb". There is a mess
with the Publishable module I don't even want to understand.

Glue::Annotation and Glue::Configuration may use class values inheritance.