[Nitro] Reap Progress

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Sun Jun 4 09:50:01 EDT 2006

On 6/4/06, Jonas Pfenniger <zimba.tm at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm more interested in the Gem replacement. Any ideas on this ?

Yep. Well, it depends on what part you mean. But Rolls handles the
versioning side of things (without being tied to packaging) and that's
basically working.

As for the packaging side of thing I have a project called Rain. But
it's in  very early expiremntal stage. With it one can download and
install a source package direclty from a project's site easy enough.
But the "bigger idea" is that it could be used as a server and
generate (and cache) a variety of package formats on demand.
Eventually it could get as detailed as to support cross-compilation
for c sources. Oh yea, and it also has a web clienbt interface to go
along with the console interface.

T.