[Nitro] Reap Progress

TRANS transfire at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 00:02:46 EDT 2006

I've done quite a bit of work on Reap these last couple of weeks. The
changes are extensive. The overall design is completely different
(although the underlying tasks remain the same). The last couple days
I went ahead laid the ground work for a complete task/build system.
So, a la Rake, one can now create a Reapfile (vs a Rakefile) and do
all the same sorts of things. Of course it's not quite as filled out
as Rake is yet, but the fundamentals are all there.

So the reason I'm writing is becuase I really need to move on to some
other work. The next verion of Facets is just about ready and I want
to upload it to devlab so as to help open up development to others as
I take a step back. I want to do the same with Reap, but unlike
Facets, Reap stills needs a fair bit of personal attention. So I am
inquiring, is there anyone out there who would like to be the next
shepard of Reap? Reap is a really great project with lots of
capabilities already and lots more potential yet as well. I hate to
see it wither just b/c I have to get some other stuff done.

Let me know.