[Nitro] schema_inheritance - the neverending story...

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 01:46:51 EST 2006

On 1/26/06, Michael Fellinger <m.fellinger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list, hey george,

Hey manveru, how's Japan? :)

We've found a problem/bug with schema_inheritance while upgrading from 0.25to
> 0.27.
> Now, i don't really have an idea what exactly is going different now, but
> the
> main-problem seems to be that evolve_schema seems to cause problems.
> After a bit of playing around and trying to find out what is going wrong,
> we
> found that evolve_schema first drops the useless fields of the Class that
> will later be inherited - that looks like that:

I've attached a script to duplicate your problem. And a patch, which seems
to make it do what you want.

The store i'm using is psql - not yet tested with anything else because this
> is where our data is stored - so if psql doesn't work we hit a wall...
It would actually affect all of them as it's a bug in their super class. Oh,
I'm on my WIndows box, so you might need to run dos2unix on the attached
files. Hope I got it right. I've never used Single Table Inheritance before.