[Nitro] Og - Unexspected results when using two Sqlite3 stores

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 19:26:42 EST 2006

On 1/26/06, Lars Olsson <lasso at lassoweb.nu> wrote:
> Cool. with your additions my code works just fine. I really don't
> understand WHY though. The thread_safe property doesn't seem to be
> documented anywhere and I don't quite understand why one has to use
> EntityMixin.insert instead of EntityMixin.save when "recycling" Og
> managed objects. Any pointers on where to find more documentation on this?
> Thanks for helping out!
> /Lars

Hey Lars,

Sorry to be so terse last time. I didn't want to leave you stuck, but didn't
have time for a proper response. :)

The Og.thread_safe (documented in og/lib/og.rb) basically controls whether
or not a pool of db connections is made. Without it, your program errored

The EntityMixin#insert portion, I agree with you with. I think it should
have worked the way you coded it there as well.

As for documentation, that's really a weak point around here. Currently, the
best resources are the code itself, it's generated Rdoc and this list.

Also, I might be wrong, but I'm not aware of anyone "recycling" Og managed
objects like you are. So you might be pioneering new territory with all the
inherent danger that implies. ;) At the very least, you've given us two bugs
to work on.

So, as I've a curious nature too, hopefully you won't mind me asking what
exactly are you doing? :)