[Nitro] How do I get started with RDog?

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 06:53:53 EST 2006

Ok, that's not easy to answer.
First of all, rdog is quite experimental, and you might experience some
problems, but i guess you're prepared for that after longer nitro-use :)
Next: go to rubyforge and download rdog - i've written some basic instructions
in the README - but i'm not sure it will work with 0.27 - my last upgrade was
done before moving to japan...
However, next thing - rdog needs a 'hacked' version of rdoc, that fills the
database - you simple run it with
rdoc-devel -f og
rdoc-devel in this case is a link to the hacked rdoc, to avoid killing the
original rdoc-functionality.
also make sure to adjust your rdoc.rb to point to the correct database - after
doing all that, you can use the model of rdog to query all the stuff :)
I hope it doesn't turn out too difficult, but it has been much than that in
the past ;)
In case you need some help, don't hesitate to mail here... i know there is lot
of stuff i still have to point out...
also - this was one of my first ruby-programs - don't laugh about the code ^^

~~~~manveru