[Nitro] Nitro 0.27 troubles

Aleksi Niemela Aleksi.Niemela at cs.helsinki.fi
Sun Jan 22 11:06:31 EST 2006

Aleksi Niemela kirjoitti:
> I want to see if there's anyone else with troubling Nitro 0.27.

There probably is someone with these problems if anyone else is doing
the same as I was when setting up Og as in my example code. After
rereading my post after I sent it, I occurred me "how about testing with
multiple connections, maybe just first is failing". So I did:

The code in my previous mail with

      :connection_count => 5

worked fine even with Nitro.

Now, I don't know what has changed but I suspect Nitro issues Og to
check something extra at Og.setup or after that and that some thing
doesn't return the connection it's using. Therefore with only one
connection we're bound to wait eternally to get a free connection. And
only one connection is permanently consumed away from the pool as with
two the code runs just ok.

Well this started out as a frustrated call for help but ended up being a
bug report. :) And I was fighting with this a week! Uh, that was time
well spent :).

    - Aleksi