[Nitro] nitro scgi support improvement

guillaume pierronnet guillaume.pierronnet at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 03:52:05 EST 2006

By drb in SCGI, i was thinking of the process management, i.e.
throttling max_connections per seconds, seing process status, nice
restart and others things that exists in the Zed Shaw's Rails SCGI
adapter.
I was just wondering about the usefulness of that, and if these
features can be implemented for other adapters as well, not just SCGI.

To come back to the session's conversation, remember that SCGI is
multithreaded and doesn't need session sharing.
For multi-process Nitro apps, Drb, og or file sessions are
indispensable. File is the most easy to setup. However, remember that
files used in File sessions are not locked between processes and can
lead
to race conditions. We need a cross-platform file locking system.