[Nitro] Nitro templating question

George Moschovitis george.moschovitis at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 12:30:36 EST 2006

> I have some questions regarding the Elements.
> I understand #{content :sidebar} use a child element, but I don't know
> where to set it up. Is there an accessor in the controller for it ?

<Page>
  xxxx
  <SideBar>
  yyy
  </SideBar>
</Page>

class SideBar
   name :sidebar
  def render
  end
end

class Page
  def render
    %{
     #{content} <---- xxxx
     #{content :sidebar} <---- yyyyy
     }
   end
end

hope this helps...

> What is the difference between a Control and an Element ?

a control is used by the scaffolder, it is a visual representation of
a property.
It is a form element.

> How do you change the template surrounding a page without changin the
> enclosing tag ? eg. I use <Page> around my content, but sometimes I want
> a different html template. It there a mechanism for this ?

hmm I use different tags. But of course you can use a specialized
render method that renders multiple sorounding html according to some
conditions...

regards,
-g.

--