[Nitro] scgi questions

Kevin Williams kevwil at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 12:08:14 EST 2006

I'm trying to get a Nitro app to run under SCGI from Apache 2.0.55 onWindows XP. I got Rails to run in the same environment yesterday, soI'm pretty sure the Apache/SCGI part is working.
I did "gen app ./nitro_scgi" (after creating gen.cmd in Ruby's binfolder) and added my conf/scgi.yaml file. Am I correct that I shouldrun "ruby script/scgi_service" to run the app? By doing that, I seemto get WebRick running on port 9999. I set the scgi.yaml to use port19999, so I'm not sure where the 9999 came from. I guess I wish thescgi_rails gem was more generic and I could use the same for Nitrothat I would for Rails.
Also, the "script/scgi_ctl" file didn't like the same "-S"command-line option to disable POSIX signals, so I added":disable_signals: true" to scgi.yaml manually.
So, how do I get Nitro to do SCGI under Apache2?
"Picking fights with people smarter than youis great - you always end up learning something."- jcooney.net