[Nitro] Patch management

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 02:52:26 EST 2006

Hi Aleksi and Peter,

I don't know either of you and perhaps public patches and discussion would
help that :)

Another benefit would be to identify common areas of interest for
collaboration. As it stands, most people who submit patches are developing
in isolation probably duplicating effort. As a silly example, how many
people submitted a patch for the recent Store.for_name bug? I did ;) This
would also cut down on the number of patches and help them not be missed.
And yes, patches will be missed. George is only human, after all :)

Plus, it would be a good way for new(er) people, I include myself in this
group, to ease into things. I'd also like to add to Peter's list of docs
that perhaps a proposed feature list for upcoming releases might be helpful?
It seems to me that it would give people a concrete task as an entry point.

I will finish off by saying, Aleksi, thank you for hosting the glycerin
rdocs on your website. I believe the next gem will build the rdocs on
install, so that will be a good thing.

Peter, I'm not sure if you're aware, or perhaps it just doesn't meet your
definition of "a real bug tracker", but there is one available on the Nitro
Rubyforge site. I don't think that it's monitored though.

Bryan