[Nitro] Generating scaffolding / stub codes?

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 21:56:03 EST 2006

there are lots of possibilities for plugins - i've made some for appsof mine, but they should be applicable for most other projects.the problem is that this stuff is not 'pluggish' enough, it has somedependencies, like my gallery-plugin needs my authplugin wich needsthe userplugin.anyway, for me a plugin basically consists of 2 or 3 parts, MVC - andshould provide all three in the most KISS way possible so they areeasy to modifiy.so, a plugin that provides a model is a bit different from the modelswich only add some functionality in controller/view (like part/admin),since you have to consider wich database it will run on (making itmore simple will help using it on other stores) and how this object isinteracting with its environment...this is one of the most difficult parts since (almost) everyone uses adifferent way of handling things - wich is one of the main-advantageswith nitro/og and makes more general distribution of plugins a bitharder.
However, everybody has some pieces of code wich might be potentialplugins for others and it would _great_ having a platform for theseplugins, making them more general applicable and sharing the withothers - not to mention the possibility for newcomers to learn fromit.This, most likely would be in the tradition of our examples wich arealmost real plugins, but only almost...
so, who would join the club? :)~~~~manveru
2006/2/23, Bakki Kudva <bakki.kudva at gmail.com>:> One of the first things most web apps need are user authentication and> authorization functionality...the latter based perhaps on ACL or RBAC.>> There are atleast half a dozen of them for Rails. May be take the best> features of each and roll into a Nitro plugin/gem or whatever? unless> something like it already exists. I am not that familiar with Nitro> yet.>> -bakki>> On 2/22/06, Bryan Soto <bryan.a.soto at gmail.com> wrote:> >  Still, much to ponder here. I wonder if anyone has something they'd like to> > try doing as a Nitro "plugin". Perhaps having something concrete would give> > us  some ideas on what problems we'd need to solve.> >> >  Bryan> >> > _______________________________________________> > Nitro-general mailing list> > Nitro-general at rubyforge.org> > http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/nitro-general> >> >>> _______________________________________________> Nitro-general mailing list> Nitro-general at rubyforge.org> http://rubyforge.org/mailman/listinfo/nitro-general>