[Nitro] Streaming/redirection

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Thu Feb 23 10:55:25 EST 2006

Joshua Hoke wrote:
 > On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 11:54:15PM -0700, James Britt wrote:
 >>This may or may not be a Nitro question.  It *could* be, though perhaps
 >>a non-Nitro solution is available.  Which is fine, too. :)
 >>(I'm running Apache2 on Red Hat Linux.  I've tried bw_mod
 > <snip>
 > This is not a Nitro answer :), but you might be looking for mod_evasive.
 > Google points to http://www.nuclearelephant.com/projects/mod_evasive/

I've not heard of that.  I'll take a look.

I've been trying a few other apache modules, with dubious results.
There are things that seems as if they will do exactly what I want, but
they also seem to have seriously bad effects on the server.

An advantage to having a non-module, non-Apache based filter or
gatekeeper is that (presumably) it will not interfere with the general
operation of the Web server or any other sites.  It may slow down the
target site, but I can live with that.  I've now had to disable these
new modules because the Web server is borking after a few hours.

James Britt