[Nitro] Create models from existing database?

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 19:59:34 EST 2006

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006, Bryan Soto wrote:
> I don't know if you'd need to go that far. Probably just
> something like DBI where you can iterate over the column info
> would suffice.

Hmm, I feel that parsing it out from the SQL DDL will be more
flexible: the database doesn't have to be up at all (as long as
the DDL available), it can be done from database dump, the SQL
DDL easier to e-mail to a remote developer than the database,
etc.

Is there any parser in Ruby, for anything, yet?

--
                              (Stephan Paul) Arif Sahari Wibowo