[Nitro] Generating scaffolding / stub codes?

James Britt james_b at neurogami.com
Tue Feb 21 19:50:24 EST 2006

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a newbie questions: is there a way in Nitro to generate
> stub / scaffolding codes (like generate scaffold in Rails)?
> Basically it generate a template-based views and controller
> codes based on the model.

Yes and no.  The "no" part is that Nitro (gen, actually) only knows one
trick: "gen app"

On the other hand, I wrote my own controller stub generator with very
little effort.

Perhaps there should be a way for people to submit their own generators
for possible inclusion in future releases.

I'd really like a way for me to bundle up my custom generators as a gem,
so others can install it if they like, with the new generator callable
from the gen tool.  Or teach gen to fetch custom generators from a URL,
perhaps as the Rails folks have done for their community-created plug-ins.

--
James Britt

"A language that doesn't affect the way you think about programming is
not worth knowing."
   - A. Perlis