[Nitro] Localization

Michael Fellinger m.fellinger at gmail.com
Sat Feb 18 07:27:49 EST 2006

sorry, i was in a hurry and didn't think properly - here is the stuff
in a nice .tar.gz way :)

2006/2/18, rob <rob at motionpath.com>:
> Can you please zip up attachments to the list? They get mangled
> otherwise.
>
> I don't think Localization should be in the default pipe, it's very
> easy to change the pipeline if you need it and most of us don't need
> Localization in 90% of our projects. I am against it, but not
> strongly so as it is just as easy for me to remove it from the
> pipeline as it is for you to add it.

Well, here is the problem, every change to the pipeline needs a
complete listing of a new pipeline you want to use.
but, thinking more about it we could make a couple of
default-pipelines, just choosing the current one as the real default
and providing a _fully_loaded_ one as well as some other ones for
common tasks like the localization or use of the
javascript-compiler...
should be pretty trivial to make, but spares some problems for some
people, i'll take a stab at it later.
The real problem with custom pipelines is that you have to figure out
the correct order to put them in - in the case a compiler  does not
work properly it is a pain to find out wich one is causing the trouble
and how to make it work properly without breaking other compilers at
the same time.