[Nitro] Some newbie questions.

Bakki Kudva bakki.kudva at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:01:03 EST 2006

Hello all,

I just installed nitro on a Debian Sarge box. I really like what I
have seen so far. I like Og which I believe is the more natural way to
persist ruby objects rather than the other way round in ActiveRecord.
Needless to say I am coming to this from Rails. However I do have some
questions which I couldn't find answers to on the web site.

The welcome screen says...

Before you move on, verify that the following conditions have been met:
The log directory and the empty log files must be writable to the web
server (chmod -R 666 log/*).

Where is the log directory? I looked in the project (todo), home,
/var/log etc. Am I to create this directory in the project folder?

     The shebang line in the ctl file must reference your Ruby installation.
     You might need to change it to #!/usr/bin/env ruby or point
directly at the installation.

Again same question here which ctl file? The only one I found was
../todo/script/scgi_ctl

Have a look at the examples:
examples/blog: A simple Blog, featuring a nice XSLT based template.
examples/no_xsl_blog: The same example without using XSLT (easier to
setup under Windows).
examples/why_wiki: A conversion of why_'s wiki.
examples/wee_style: A Wee-style (ruby code only) example.
examples/ajax: Implement Google suggest-style functionality using ajax
techniques.
examples/tiny: A small example to verify your installation.

Some of the examples ran fine (flickr after I installed the gem) and
others give me errors like this one for wee
D, [2006-02-17T17:20:01.924341 #12310] DEBUG -- : Using Memory sessions.
/usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require__': no such file to load -- wee/examples/calculator
(LoadError)
        from /usr/local/lib/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:21:in
`require'
        from run.rb:4

I could not find wee/examples/calculator

Thank you,

bakki