[Nitro] New Nitro Site

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 16:23:52 EST 2006

On 2/16/06, James Britt <james_b at neurogami.com> wrote:
> Bryan Soto wrote:
> > On 2/16/06, *James Britt* <james_b at neurogami.com
> > <mailto:james_b at neurogami.com>> wrote:
> >
> >     I tried to add a new site to the list
> >
> >     http://www.nitrohq.com/view/Nitro_in_the_real_world
> >
> >     but it never seems to appear after saving the edit.
> >

> > It sounds suspiciously like a caching problem...
> >
> >     Refreshing Cities
> >     http://www.refreshingcities.org/ <http://www.refreshingcities.org/>
> You see that in a browser? Or in the edit pane?
> Neither IE nor FF shows the new text in the rendered page, only in the
> edit area.  I cleared the cache for IE, but still see no changes.  (And
> I doubt IE would have had a previous version, because those f*cking
> access keys in the wiki are too damn annoying for browsing the site in
> IE.  I've had to turn access keys off in FF becuase they are so often
> poorly applied. )

Sorry, I meant caching with the wiki itself. Seems like it's not properly
updating the cached version of the page on changes as I do see the changes
in the edit area after a save. Just a guess though.

> I'd love to see it, but for some reason it doesn't resolve correctly for
> > me. :(
> First I've heard of any DNS issues.

I didn't bother complaining as I (probably correctly) assumed it was a
problem with my setup. I first noticed it when I couldn't read your blog via
Planet Ruby last week (Feb. 10). I keep forgetting to try from home though
to confirm that was the case.