[Nitro] Og conflicts with Narf (Mechanize)

Bryan Soto bryan.a.soto at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:45:21 EST 2006

On 2/15/06, Rob Pitt <rob at motionpath.com> wrote:
> I've mentioned this before (polluting the global namespace) and even
> provided a patch to remove Glue from the global namespace. I agree it's
> a bad idea, but George really likes it and my final position is it
> should be an option (enabled by default, but you may disable, which my
> patch provided for and has been running here in production with no
> issues so far).
Just to be clear to everyone, all the patch does is make Nitro/Og work when
$GLUE_DONT_INCLUDE is set to true, correct? Right now I believe you get
errors because all the library code assumes Glue is in the global namespace,
i.e. refers to Aspect rather than Glue::Aspect. It doesn't change the
default behaviour, it just fixes a bug where Nitro and Og didn't work
correctly when that global was true.

I have the original email and patch. I'll see if it applies cleanly, and if
so, resend it for inclusion. I'll also re-send a patch from Michael Neuman
which seems to have been missed.