[Nitro] Og conflicts with Narf (Mechanize)

Kashia Buch kashia at vfemail.net
Wed Feb 15 09:08:43 EST 2006

Tag vs Tag

in Narf: web/tagparser.rb

So you can't run Mechanize/Narf with a Nitro/Og application with an "is Taggable" class.

I ran into Zimba on the IRC channel and he did a quick fix for me, he just moved the Tag class into the Glue namespace.
This now prevents those two from clashing, but I'm not entirely convinced that this is the correct way, since this changes the database table name from ogtag to ogglue_tag.
I don't know how many applications that would break (although it can be fixed easily)

[14:55] 	<zimba-tm>	also, for your table problem, you should be able to set it by hand.
[14:56] 	<zimba-tm>	you just have to reopen the Glue::Tag class and set the table_name

what do you think about the issue?
Zimba pointed out that it's not good idea to pollute the global namespace, which I agree to.

Feel the love